Waste Feature: 'Green & Gold' Money Saving TipsGoing a bit greener is easy, especially when it's saving you money!
- Think you may have a mouse sneaking around in your pantry when the lights go out? Place a cotton ball with a few drops of peppermint oil in the cabinets and behind the fridge. The smell sends small pests running, but it's completely safe around children and pets.
- Mildew in the bathroom? Mix 4 parts Hydrogen Peroxide with 1 part water. Using gloves, apply directly to the mildew and let stand for 5-10 minutes. A quick scrub and rinse removes the mildew and brings back the shine.
- Baked-on mess in the microwave? Place a small bowl of ½ cup white distilled Vinegar & ½ cup water in the microwave and bring mixture to a rolling boil. Splatters will loosen and are easy to wipe away. The acid in Vinegar cuts through grease and germs while it kills bacteria and mold, making Vinegar the ideal inexpensive and non-toxic wonder cleaner!
- Want to spend less time scrubbing the bathroom? Simple as flipping a switch. Turning on the bathroom fan after a shower or bath will slow the growth of mold, mildew, and fungus...and simply closing the toilet lid before flushing can keep millions of germs off your floors and walls!
- Speaking of scrubbing the bathroom: Place a spray bottle in the shower, filled with equal parts water and Rubbing Alcohol, along with a small squeegee. After a shower, spray the walls and door and squeegee the away the moisture...and the soap scum problem!
§ Copyright HealthySelfCures.com